Dodge Repair/DRL module location? '03 Dakota

My lights flicker on and off rapidly. headlights and interior lights. been told to change the drl module. I cant find it in my 2003 dodge dakota. If you could tell me where to find it and also if you think this could be the problem? thanks so much

Hi Cody,
That is an interesting question. While the manual says the daylight runing lamp feature is installed in Canadian vehicles there no drl module that I can find, nor any description of  how drl is activated.
I can only conjecture that the central timer module may be involved. That is located on the driver side kick panel just in front of the lower front corner of the door opening and is covered by the trim panel of the kick panel. You might want to check with a dealer parts counter to see whether the central timer module is sold in two versions: a Canadian and a U.S. version which would tend to support that theory. But I would wonder whether the flashimg might not be due to a loose connection/ground/splice rather than the module itself. So if you verify that there is a Canadiam CTM let me know and I can tell you which fuses/grounds are involved with that item.
Maybe you can tell me more about which interior lights a flashing (aren't they usually off when you are in motion)? I am working out of a '04 manual but it probably applies to your '03 vehicle.
Please 'rate' my answer (see below).

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).