Dodge Repair/RAM 1500 WITH 318 MOTOR: coolant leak at pump

Question
WHAT IS THE FIX FOR WATER COMING FROM BEHIND PULLEY AFTER CHANGING WATERPUMP

Answer
Hi Joyce,
This would appear to be an external type of water pump which has a hose attached to it rather than having only internal connection to the engine cooling passageways.

For there to be coolant leaking from behind the pulley it would either be a loose hose clamp on the hose or it could be the gasket was not properly replaced when the pump was mounted to the engine so there is a leak around that gasket, or the bolts that hold the pump in place were not tighened to 30 foot-pounds also thereby allowing a leak around the gasket, or it could be a defective waterpump which had a bad seal even though new.
Whoever did the changeout should look into those possibilities to see which is the cause. Fortunately it does not involve a re-do of the original job unless the pump seal is bad.  
I am looking at a '80's manual for the 318 engine of that vintage as my reference.
Please 'rate' my answer (see below)
Thanks,
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston