Dodge Repair/Removing OIl Pan Bolts from Timing Cover

Question
How do you get the Oil pan Bolts out of the timing cover in the front?

Do you have take harmonic balance, pullies, etc. ?

2001 Dodge Intrepid
2.7L

Answer
Hi Gene,
Those two bolts do have to come out to remove the oil pan, but there is no mention of any specific problem with doing that in the section about removing the oil pan (although it does say those bolts have to come off to avoid damage to the cover or the pan). However in the section about removing the timing cover it does of course say to remove the damper/balancer before all the cover bolts can be removed (and a lot of other steps to take off the cover entirely which probably don't apply to just taking off the bottom two bolts). So if you can't get at those two bolts it would seem that the damper/balancer has to come off using a puller after removing its bolt. I can see how that would pose a problem to you!
Please "rate" my answer (see below).
Thanks,
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston