Dodge Repair/Water Pump: Dodge Ram V-8

Question
I just replaced my water pump on my 1998 dodge ram 1500 v8 magnum and it is still leaking it looks like its a bolt but i went down and tighten it more but it wont stop leaking i don't know what else it could be i did everything i was suppose to PLEASE HeLP

Answer
Hi Tim,
Did you clean the mating surfaces of the water pump to the engine and did you use a new gasket? Perhaps taking off the pump, inspeting the mating surface, using a new gasket along with some gasket sealing coumpound will fix the problem. Can you tell me the displacement of that V-8. The '04 manual shows the torque for the water pump bolts to 43 foot-pounds for the 3.7/4.7L engines, but only 18 foot-pounds for the 5.7L engine. So if have a torque wrench see it those values are met.
Please 'rate' my answer (see below).
Thanks,
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston