Dodge Repair/Water Pump: Dodge Ram V-8

I just replaced my water pump on my 1998 dodge ram 1500 v8 magnum and it is still leaking it looks like its a bolt but i went down and tighten it more but it wont stop leaking i don't know what else it could be i did everything i was suppose to PLEASE HeLP

Hi Tim,
Did you clean the mating surfaces of the water pump to the engine and did you use a new gasket? Perhaps taking off the pump, inspeting the mating surface, using a new gasket along with some gasket sealing coumpound will fix the problem. Can you tell me the displacement of that V-8. The '04 manual shows the torque for the water pump bolts to 43 foot-pounds for the 3.7/4.7L engines, but only 18 foot-pounds for the 5.7L engine. So if have a torque wrench see it those values are met.
Please 'rate' my answer (see below).

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).