Dodge Repair/'05 dodge ram 1500: HVAC blower motor

how to replace heater blower moter in dodge ram 1500 4x4

Hi John,
The moor is on the underside of the HVAC unit under the dash at the far right end of it by the passenger cowl panel. It says you should remove that panel which is held in place by some clips under the door proper in the door sill. If you remove the clips in the door sill the panel should slide rearward for removal. Then you should access the motor for the blower. You begin by removing the electrical plug to the motor and then the retainers for the harness wire proper. Finally remove the three screws on the blower motor housing underside that will allow the motor and blower to drop out of the HVAC unit for replacement.
Please 'rate' my answer (see below).

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).