Dodge Repair/code P0743 in caravan 99 engine 2.4

Question
Good Morning, yesterday start the check engine light & today I went to Autozone. they help me with the scan of the fail and it shows code P0743 and posible problem in the control module of the transmision: solenoid open or with short circuit or electric problem.

do the transmision have those solenoids? I think the tansmision isn,t electronic.
I will appresiate all the help you can give me

Answer
Hi Luis,
The 0743 code points to the torque converter lock-up clutch solenoid circuit, if you have the non-electronic 3-speed automatic transmission (shift lever positions would be PRND21 if that is the transmission that you have). The electrical connector for the solenoid is located on the transmission side facing the front of the vehicle, and it the furthest forward connector just to the left of treansmission cooler line. The connector has 3 pins but only 2 wires. With the key in the 'run' position there should be 12 volts present on the plug's white/black wire pin #2, and orange/black wire on pin #3 of the plug should be checked to verify that it is attached to pin #56 at the powertrain control module. So those two electrical observations would be the first step in diagnosing the fault code.  Also, measure to verify continuity between pins 2 and 3 of the solenoid circuit's socket (into which plug attaches) which is the other part of the circuit in question.
The effect of this code would be that the transmission's torque converter would not lock-up when the vehicle speed exceeds 40-45 mph shich will reduce gasoline mileage a bit and the rpm at the higher speeds will be a little greater than if the lock-up clutch was working properly.
So check out the wiring and if you find something different from what I say should be how you find it then let me know. Replacing the solenoid is a fairly expensive job but you could certainly continue to drive the vehicle the way it is.
Please "rate" my answr (see below).
Thanks,
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston