Dodge Repair/Delay in wiper, radio, power windows, heater fan coming on: '06 minivan

Question
I have a 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan. When the vehicle is cold, the wiper motor, power windows, radio, and heater fan do not turn on immediately.  At first it takes up to 5 minutes and when repeated the delay lessens.  Recently, the wipers came on but the heater fan and radio took longer to come on.  In investigating, alot of replys are the PCM.  Is there a way from my home to test to make sure it is the PCM prior to going out and buying a new one?

Answer
Hi Joe,
The systems that are lazy when cold are each controlled by a relay in the power box (the window and radio by the Accessory Relay, the wipers by the Wiper relay, and the blower by the Blower Relay. You will find those three relays in box close to each other near the front. My thought is that the voltage output of the alternator may be a bit too low to power "up" those relays or the relays themselves may be slow to respond when very cold or they have oxidized contacts inside of them. If all three seem to be coming on at about the same time then I would think it is an issue with the alternator or battery voltage being low-normal. If you have a voltmeter see what it shows across the battery soon after starting and also observe the volt meter reading on the cluster to see where it stands early and then later after the units start to function normally.
Because all three relays are involved I question whether all 3 would be faulty at the same time, so I lean toward a low voltage being the issue. How old is the Battery?
You could try for a fault code readout using the ignition key:"on-off-on-off-on and leave on" doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time. Then watch the odometer window to see if the mileage is replaced by a 4-digit number preceded by a P or a B. Let me know if you get such a number. If not then you might go to a nationwide autoparts store, such as Autozone, and ask for a free code reatout using a plug-in code reader. Similarly get any code numbers. An idependent shop might charge $40 to do the readout.
The PCM has nothing to do with any of these issues so don't waste your money on that.
Please "rate" my answer (see below).
Thanks,
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston