Dodge Repair/replace cigarette/power socket

Question
Need to know how to replace the cigarette socket in a dodge stratus 2001. Cannot figure out how to get to the back of it to replace it.

Answer
Hi Mary,
I believe that the power outlet and the cigarette socket are identical in their design and in the technique for removal  If you look inside the socket you will see 2 metal strips ("bosses") that run along the sides of the socket toward the rear. There are a hole in each boss into which an external snap ring plier (with 90 degree outward tips) which fit into those holes.
Then you pull the socket out of the mounting ring. I can copy the pages that show this procedure and attach them to an email. To do that I need to know your email address so tell me that but don't use the @ symbol but rather use "at", otherwise the address will be automatically erased from your follow-up question.
Please 'rate' my answer (see below).
Thanks,
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston