Dodge Repair/timimg or what

ok my 97 dodge ram 1500 4x4 5.2, was missing slipping and jerking. This did start after i went to a lighter oil to clean the motor and to help with mpgs. so knowing just enough about motors i went and got a new timing chain and replaced the old one that was a full link stretched. got all back together started and ran smooth, took for test drive and the truck still acts the same. the timing chain was properly installed i checked three times before closing up. my check eng, abs, and brake light is on. yes they were on before my repair job. the only code is #2 plug misfiring but it has said that since i bought the truck three years ago and it goes off for long time and comes back on then off. what do i need to do now

Hi Mark,
My thought would be to check the compression on the #2 cylinder and compare it to several others to evaluate whether that cylinder's miss is due to some aspect of the valves or piston rings. See how bad that cylinder is in comprison and then consider how to deal with that.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).