Dodge Repair/timimg or what

Question
ok my 97 dodge ram 1500 4x4 5.2, was missing slipping and jerking. This did start after i went to a lighter oil to clean the motor and to help with mpgs. so knowing just enough about motors i went and got a new timing chain and replaced the old one that was a full link stretched. got all back together started and ran smooth, took for test drive and the truck still acts the same. the timing chain was properly installed i checked three times before closing up. my check eng, abs, and brake light is on. yes they were on before my repair job. the only code is #2 plug misfiring but it has said that since i bought the truck three years ago and it goes off for long time and comes back on then off. what do i need to do now

Answer
Hi Mark,
My thought would be to check the compression on the #2 cylinder and compare it to several others to evaluate whether that cylinder's miss is due to some aspect of the valves or piston rings. See how bad that cylinder is in comprison and then consider how to deal with that.
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston