Dodge Repair/Timing chain

Question
1998 Dodge Ram 1500 V6....after a new water pump was installed, the guy started up the truck and the timing chain broke and snapped the gear the chain was on in half. How did this happen? He said the water pump has nothing nor is connected to the timing chain so it is impossible that it had anything to do with it. I find that hard to believe. Please help! Thanks!

Answer
He is correct  the water pump is on the outside of the engine  and timing chain is under a metal cover behind the water pump.
The only way I could see what he did could have any possible issue  is he put some of the longer bolts in the wrong place  and it went through the case to the chain.

Dodge Repair

Kevin