Dodge Repair/2004 dodge ram 1500 quad hemi: fuse 36

Question
QUESTION: Hi,  I am instanly blowing fuse 36 HVAC controls as soon a I install it.  I had been blowing out in the past but I would get more time.  There must be a short but would need a starting point.  Any thoughts would be appreciated!

ANSWER: Hi Dave,
That fuse is powering: heated mirror relay actuation coil, adjustable pedal switch, vistronic fan module, and the HVAC control panel (pin 1 of 16 pin plug) all via a gray/pink wire. You could try removing plugs on all those and then reconnecting them one at a time to see which one blows the fuse, or you could measure the resistance to ground from the cold side of the fuse socket and then remove them one at a time and see which one causes the resistance to rise up to at least 2 ohms which means the fuse won't blow if that one is disconnected. Then service that unit to find a short internally.
Please 'rate' my answer (see below).
Thanks,
Roland

QUESTION: Hi Roland

I finally got to fixing the issue.  I chased out all of the components attached with the grey/pink wire and ended up finding a broken wire under the dash!  The wire was from an unused accesary plug hanging there itwas hitting the frame causing a short.  Suspecting the autostart installer some time ago

Thanks so much.

Answer
Hi Dave,
Terrific sleuthing! Thanks for letting me know of your success. If you would be so kind as to do a thank/rate the expert I would be very pleased. Consider answering 'yes' to the question about a nomination of me to be 'volunteer of the month'.
Thanks,
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston