Dodge Repair/2006 Dodge Ram 1500 HVAC Unit

Question
Heater/cooler blower motor works, but not much air comes out.  Makes a growling noise.  Per Dodge dealer, it has a broken recirc/air inlet door that is restricting air flow into HVAC unit.  They want $875 to fix it, so I'd like to check it out myself.  First, I need to know how to remove the dash.  Can you help?  Thanks.

Answer
Hi AnnaMary,
The dash removal is covered on 17 pages of the manual, and then the HVAC unit has to be removed in order to access the recirc door/air inlet and that is another about 8 pages.
The job requires drining the cooling system, and similarly the ac system.
It looks like a major job. So basically to check it out requires doing the job they said needs to be done!
I can copy all those pages and attach them to an email but it would take me about half an hour at least to do that, one page at a time from a CD of the manual I have.
I wounder whether the dealer diagnosis was based upon a fault code reported out from the body computer into a diagnostic readout box. If so, do you have that number (B- followed by 4 digits)? Let me know what it was, and if you paid to get that readout done they should have listed the fault number. I can look up the number and share what that says from the same manual. If you weren't given the number and they didn't record it, then ask them to redo the readout and give you the number at no cost.
So let's try the fault code number verification first. Then we'll know what it tell us needs to be done.
Please 'rate' my answer (see below).
Thanks,
Roland  

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston