Dodge Repair/heater core replacement: AC body Dynasty '91

Roland, I need to replace a heater core on my 1991 dodge dynasty
3.3L V6 with A/C any ideas on what needs to be removed inside the car I dont have a manuale just for my vehicle and this is telling me the dash needs completly removed to get to it any help you can offer me with this I have replaced several cores on a lot older venicles but this is a first that you need to remove the dash

Hi Bill,
I do have the '91 manual for the AC body (Dynasty) and it shows indeed that to replace the heater core that the HVAC box has to come out and that involves a 24-step process in each direction to accomplish and involves disassembly of a good deal of the underdash. I can xerox copy and postal mail you the pages that show those steps. Have you considered trying Bar'r Leak to seal the leak in your core? I would recommend that you do that and see if it might work.
PS Thanks for the kind remarks and the rating/nomination.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).