Dodge Repair/04 Durango P0157

Question
Roland,
First I want to say thanks for your time. I have a 04 Durango 5.7 limited. I򭠳howing engine code P0157 which says bank 2 sensor 2. I reset the computer and it came back which I assume it򳠡 bad 02 sensor. I򶥠read conflicting stories on which sensor this is. Can you assist me? Maybe a part number either o'reillys or Napa. Thanks Robert

Answer
Hi Robert,
The sensor 2/2 is the left side (driver's side) heated oxygen sensor that is downstream, beyond the catalytic converter on that left side. It is in a more exposed position than the upstream sensor (on the left exhaust manifold) so it may have damaged wires (which are fragile) such that the signal wire is now grounded.
So take a look at that sensor and most likely replace it. You might wand to put some penetrating oil on the threads and let that soak in before removing the sensor. Use care when installing the new sensor to not damage the wires.
Please read the PS below and respond to it.
Thanks,
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston