Dodge Repair/2003 Dodge Caravan power windows

Question
I have a 2003 Dodge Caravan. I have power windows on the 2 front doors.Most of the time the drivers side window works fine and the passenger side does not work at all. Seemingly randomly in hotter weather the drivers side window stops working and the passenger side window somewhat works. What may be causing this issue?

Answer
Hi Danny,
There is only 1 fuse and circuit breaker involved so those must be alright. The passenger window might not work due to either a defective motor or if either the driver or the passenger switch had a poor switch contact that could prevent the window from working. My inclination would be to remove the passenger side window switch in the passenger door, and test for voltage between pins 5 and 8 when you try to activate the window, doing it both from the passenger switch and from the driver switch. Thise two pins are attached to the motor, so it you get 12v then the motor is bad.
If you don't get 12v then let me know and I can tell you how to sort out which switch contact(s) are oxidized and then you can spray some electrical contact cleaner inside the switch through any crack or opening so as to improve the contacts.
You can remove the switches by starting at the bottom of the switch bezel and gently prying around it to lift it out of the panel. Then test for voltage between pins 5 and 8 when you request 'action'. You can insert fine pins through the wires' insulation if your probe can't make good contact with the metal where the wires inter the plug.
Please read the PS below and respond to it.
Thanks for doing that,
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston