Dodge Repair/93 caravan dtc32 code

what is a dtc32 code 93 caravan 3lt

Hi Mitchell,
That code means either that the circuit for the egr valve (exhaust gas recirculation) is not working or that the valve itself is not showing the proper functioning.
I would suspect the latter. The egr valve is located in narrow diameter exhaust pipe that branches off the front exhaust manifold and is routed over the engine toward the rear on the passenger side of the engine compartment. Once you find the valve notice that it has a round vacuum hose-operated top piece. the valve body proper which is connected to the exhaust pipe. and a flange between those two parts inside of which is hidden a rod which is the valve stem. The stem has a circumferential slot into which the tip of a screwdriver can be inserted to move the stem back and forth. You will notice spring-action in one direction which closes the valve.
What generally causes the code is that exhaust fumes make the stem sticky such that it won't close tightly. What you need to do is spray some WD-40 on the stem where enters the valve body so as to free-up the 'action'. Move the stem back and forth after spraying it so that the spring action now closes the valve to a dead stop.
You will find the engine accelerates better and slows down to idle when you come to a stop better.
You can erase the code by disconnecting the battery briefly. Then drive for a while to verify that the 32 code remains gone. A 12 code will show saying that you recently disconnected the battery, so ignore that.
Please read the PS below and respond to it.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).