Dodge Repair/Rear wheel noise Dodge Grand Caravan

Question
QUESTION: I have a 2005 Grand Caravan with 4wheel disc brakes. All ABS. Vehicle has 65,000 miles.
Approximately 1500 miles ago (4 months) I had the rear rotors and pads replaced. Ceramic pads.
This weekend I had a bead leak repaired on drivers rear tire. The day after a nasty squeezing (loud) sound cropped up when turning. It was determined a new bearing was needed. This has been done. Now a very low level grinding is present, with a gentle squeak at times.
What direction next? Pads and rotors appear fine, caliper seems to be moving freely. Everything appears clean no rocks stuck nothing loose. I have also done several hard stops and starts in both forward and reverse. Fluid resovoir is full no leaks.

ANSWER: Hi Scot,
About the only unusual aspect of the hub and bearing is that because of the ABS there is a speed sensor that needs to be installed properly. If not, that might be the source of the noise.
Other than that, a grinding sound would point to a faulty bearing so it could well be that the new unit was defective. In either case if you paid to have this repair done I would return to the shop and tell them that they need to inspect the situation and determine whether it is a faulty bearing or an improperly installed speed sensor. They should stand behind their work at no more cost to you.
But a grinding sound surely makes one think it is the hub and bearing assembly which is a self-contained/intergral unit. It may well be that the unit was defective in its manufacture from the start.
Roland

QUESTION: Thank you!
Amazingly quick, I have since had another look and suspect the inside pad may be a bit loose. The sound seems to disappear with the caliper off.
Should I be looking at a spacer or a stop squeak material?
Rotors look like new with "cross hatching" type marks still. What is chance of warping? Very low miles light traffic short trips.
Thanks again

Answer
Hi Scot,
I doubt it is warped but you would notice that if the sound was on and off as you rotated the disc by hand, and you might also be able to see it by observation of the edge of the pad/disc interface.
The inside brake pad is held in the piston by spring clips. You might be able to bend those clips slightly to improve the retention of the pad in the piston.
I would not encourage you to put any compounds on one caliper's pads as that may cause an imbalance in the braking action of the that wheel compared to the opposite wheel. I don't see any provision for a spacer and again would not change the set-up on one side or add any non-standard parts.
So check out the possibility of bending the retention clips.
Roland
PS Thanks for the rating/nomination/kind remarks. You can do another if you would like.  

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston