Dodge Repair/'02 Dodge Caravan: no turn signals, dash lights, gauges

We have a 2002 Dodge Grand Caravan where the headlights work, the break lights work but there is no dash lights, none of the gauges work and the turning signal doesnt work either. Any idea of what could be the problem or what to start replacing to get the instrument panel to work?

Hi Justin,
All those failed functions are 'driven' by the body control module. That module has four fuses that operate it, in the power distribution box in the engine compartment. The most likely failed fuses are 19 or 20, both of which are 40 amp. The other fuses are 14 (which powers functions needed when the ignition switch is 'off' such as power door locks) and 24 (which power the hazard lights), So check that both fuses 19 and 20 are conducting and don't perhaps have a subtle crack in the internal wire. Fuse 19 is near the rear blower motor relay, and fuse 20 is near the front blower motor relay. Also check 14 and 24. 14 ia 15 amp near the name brand speaker relay socket, and 24 is 20 amp near the starter relay.
If you send a follow-up question clarify for me which 'dash lights' don't work, and mention any that do work.
Please read the PS below and respond to it.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).