Dodge Repair/1997 Dodge Ram 1500 Power Windows

Question
I have a 1997 Ram 1500. The power windows and door locks do not work.Circuit breaker in fuse panel is good. At the master switch the tan wire lights up my test light. I traced wire to passenger door. It still has power. Black/orange wire for ground is good. Power to window motor. Tried new motor, nothing. Help?

Answer
Hi Steve,
Unfortunately I don't have the wiring diagrams for '97, only have them for '04-'06.
Are you certain that the ground wire from the driver door window control is actually grounded? It goes from the switch through the door hinge area and from there to a common ground on the body in front of the door opening. If that wire were 'open' at the hinge do to repeated flexing that would take out the power window and likely also the power door locks even though you have traced the power supply part of the circuit. The power supply for the window and door locks are separate, but they do share a common return pathway to ground so that may be where your problem lies. Likely the wire is black but with a trace color as well. You might begin at the switch module in the driver door and check for the ground wire's continuity to chassis ground.
Please read the PS below and respond to it.
Thanks,
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston