Dodge Repair/ram van: rear wheel cylinder

my passenger side rear wheel cylinder keeps blowing out when i try to bleed the brakeline, why??

Hi Pamela,
I would look carefully at the tip of each of the two wheel cylinder pistons. They are supposed to each have 2 'finger-like' tips into which the brake backing shoe half-circle fits. If one of those tips on the side that jumps out is bent/missing then the piston could slip off the backing plate and thus 'blow out'. If you mean that the fluid blows out around the piston then you need to buy a new wheelcylinder to replace this one entirely. In either case you need to remove the drum and examine the wheel cylinder. It is very likely you need a new wheel cylinder.
Please read the PS below and respond to it.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).