Dodge Repair/Won't start in rainy/humid weather

ok the probably I am having is when it rains my car wont start almost like it is drawing moisture now would that mean there is a crack in the distributor cap. please help the year of my car is a 1999 please help

Hi Shawn,
Any place where electricity can escape is a possible cause. Look at the distributor cap closely for any signs of a crack in the case, yes. Also, try looking at the engine when it is running on a dark rainy or humid night to look for any sign of electrical arcs such as at the distributor cap or along the spark plug wires themselves and the wire from the spark coil to the distributor. Wires as they age can leak as well. Replace anything that shows such arcs. But do it in the dark so you can see the arcing.
Please read the PS below and respond to it.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).