Dodge Repair/'04 Dodge Stratus: heater blower motor

Where is the heater fan control switch located?

Hi Mel,
There is a manual temp control panel and an automatic temp control panel (digital readout) but in both cases the left-most knob, when rotated, is what controls the blower motor. If the blower doesn't respond or if it only blows on one speed then the problem is with the blower motor resistor block (manual unit) or blower motor power module (auto temp control). That is located under the dash on the front right of the HVAC distribution box. There are two wires from the blower motor (located at the far right end, underside  that go to the plug for that block/module. To replace that you pull the plug and remove the two screws that hold it located on either side of the plug socket.
The only other reason for no blower would be if fuse #1 (30 amp) in the fuse box behind the left end cap of the dash were to be blown.
Please 'rate' my answer (see below).

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).