Dodge Repair/2.7L V-6: High oil pressure at idle

Question
I have a dodge charger 2.7 Liter engine. Sludge problem. Got a new crank kit and new oil pump. When idling, car begins at 80 PSI and runs until coolant fan cycles twice then drops to 20 PSI. What is happening?

Answer
Hi Tracee,
That is interesting because you wouldn't expect that to be the case at idle. I wonder whether the oil pressure relief valve is installed out of order or perhaps a passageway is blocked by the sludge history. It appears to be temperature dependent, as it drops when the engine warms up, but 80 seems strange at idle???
I can copy about 6 pages from the '04 manual that describes the entire lubrication system of the engine.  I have them on CD and will attach those to an email I'll send to you directly. I need to know your email address, but when you tell me it in a follow-up question don't use the @ symbol instead us 'at' otherwise the address will be automatically erased.
Please ;rate' my answer (see below).
Thanks,
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston