Dodge Repair/2005 Dodge Grand Caravan: Code 0507.

My Grand Caravan is flagging code P0507, but there is no noticeable problem with the way it runs.  I noticed that the code means the idle air control is higher than expected, but I can't find any info on how to troubleshoot it.
I should tell you that just last week I had the intake manifold gasket replaced because it was leaking antifreeze externally.  Shortly thereafter, P0440 & P0441 codes were flagging.  Reseating the gas cap appeared to fix that problem, but then P0507 started occurring.
Should I check all intake parts to make sure they are connected/seated correctly?
Any other ideas?

Hi Daniel,
The possible causes are indeed centered upon the intake manifold so it could either be that the gasket replacement has an error that needs to be corrected or there could be some maintenance with parts associated with the intake manifold that will correct this. The manual suggests the following (with my specifics in parentheses):
Positive crankcase ventilation valve/hose connections to it.
Idle air control motor air passageway (adjacent to throttle body throat, clean out with solvent), remove iac motor and clean its tip and the hole into which it fits.
Throttle body throat and butterfly valve (clean throat and both sided of throttle body with solvent).
Air intake pathway: tubing, air filter
Vacuum leaks around the intake manifold gasket (try squirting very small blasts of starter fluid around the gasket while idleing to note any change of idle speed), check all vacuum hoses to intake manifold at both ends and for cracks.
I hope that you will find the cause in one of these areas.
Please 'rate' my answer (see PS below).

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).