Dodge Repair/cruise control: '05 Magnum

Had a 120,000 mile service this past Saturday.   Tune up, rear diff service, oil change, flush & fill tranny and cooling system.  My cruise control is OUT now.  i use it all the time on this 2005 Magnum RT.  ohhh yea... now the check engine light is on.   What does the dealer need to fix.   I don't want to hear $$$$.      Thank you for your kind remarks & advice in advance.

Hi Alvin,
Start by checking fuses 29 and 30 to be sure neither is blown nor has a subtle crack in its internal wire. Then I would get the code readout done to see why the check engine light is "on" as that may give us a 'code' for the cruise control. You can often get that done for free at a nationwide autoparts store such as Autozone or for around $40 at an independent shop. Let me know what you learn and we'll go from there.
Please 'rate' my answer (see below).

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).