Dodge Repair/Rear Electric Windows

Question
QUESTION: A little while ago the rear electric began behaving erratically.  They would roll down from the drivers controls; but they would only roll up from the rear door controls.  After a while they wouldn't work at all.

ANSWER: Hi B,
What is the year/model/body style of the vehicle?
Roland

QUESTION: Roland

I can't believe that I forgot to include such vital and standard information.

Year: 2006
Model: Dodge Ram
Body Style: Mega Cab
Engine: 5.9 Cummins

B.

Answer
Hi B:
The power supply for operating the windows must be OK because the front windows are working. That being the case my first suggestion would be that there are some contacts inside the switching units (either the driver master or the local switches at the rear windows) which are not connecting the current as intended. All the switches are double pole/double throw which means that there are connections both when you ask for up and ask for down that need to be made, but also the resting position (neutral) of all the switches has to be conducting across their contacts.
Before getting deeply into circuit analysis my suggestion would be that use a spray can of electrical contact cleaner (from electronic supply store) to insert some cleaner inside each switch (spray with a straw around the edges of each rocker) and do that spray both while the switches are in neutral and when they are activated to both the raise and lower positions. Just s short burst of cleaner for each of those variations will be needed to re-establish the electrical contacts to complete each requested action.
Before starting do verify that the illumination lighting at each of the switches is present as that would corroborate that power is getting to the switch.
If that spraying doesn't work, then you would need a continuity tester/ohm meter to check each set of contacts at each of the switches, and I can tell you what to oxpect. Or I can copy the pages from the '06 manual and attach them to an email I would send to you directly. But to check the switches you do have to remove them from their mounting position which likely involves removing the door trim panel so do try the contact cleaner spray approach first. The let me know if that doesn't work.
Please 'rate' my answer (see PS below).
Thanks,
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston