Dodge Repair/2002 dodge ram van 2500 5.9 engine: oil pan removal

Question
how do i replace the oil pan.

Answer
Hi Ray,
According to the '04 manual that I have for the Ram with 5.9L diesel engine, you have to install an engine support bracket on the top side, then raise the vehicle and remove the transmission and transfer case if equipped, then the flywheel or flex plate, then the oil pan can be removed. There are some other steps listed but basically that is the idea. I can copy those pages from a CD that I have that gives all the steps, both remove and install.
Let me know your email address if you want me to do that using a follow-up question but don't use the @ symbol, instead use 'at' or the address will be erased.
Please 'rate' my answer (see the PS below).
Thanks,
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston