Dodge Repair/2007 Dodge Caliber: PCV replacement

QUESTION: Location of PVC valve and how to replace it. Thank you for your time.

ANSWER: Hi Janice.
I have the '07 manual on a CD from which I can copy text and diagrams. In the Caliber manual there are 3 figures that show the valve to be located in the engine's valve cover (at the end of the valve cover on the top) and you detach the hose that connects from the valve to the intake manifole, and unscrew the valve for removal. It does not identify which engine is depicted there but I would assume it is applicable to your car's engine.
I can copy the figures and attach them to an email that I would send to you directly. Tell me your email address in a follow-up question, but don't use the @ symbol instead us 'at', otherwise the address will be automatically erased and I won't see it.
Please 'rate' my answer (see the PS below).

QUESTION: Mr. Roland,

How do I read the CVT transmission gauge  since I don't have a dip stick? Pls send to muffyinatl at

Hi Janice,
I copied and sent the pages.
In the manual I see a reference to there being a "cap" on the CVT dipstick tube which by inference when removed will reveal the dipstick. I don't see a picture of where it is located. Have you checked the onwner's manual? It should also mention the gauge and how to read it.
The manual I have does not discuss the basics that are typically covered in the owner's manual.

I now notice that there is a dipstick #9336 which evidentally you may have to buy at a dealer and insert it into the tube after removing the cap. I don't see any info about the gauge so check the manual about that. If you don't show any signs of leakage I would believe you aren't low on fluid. Let me know if you get the dipstick and I can copy the pages about how to use it correctly.

Thanks for your rating/nomination/kind remarks.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).