Dodge Repair/'98 2.4L DOHC: replace cylinder head cover

How to I replace the real valve cover gasket on a 1998 Dodge Stratus 2.4l engine? Need a step by step and tools needed please.

Hi David,
I can copy the pages for doing this from an '04 manual for the 2.4L DOHC engine which is no doubt applicable to your '98 that I have on a CD. There are no special tools that I see other than the typical socket assortment and a low range (up to 105 inch-pounds)torque wrench to secure the bolts to the proper tension. You will need to but several gaskets and some gasketing compound as listed on the pages I send to you.
I can send the pages to you as an attachment to an email that I would send to you directly. Let me know your email address in a 'follow-up question', but don't use the @ symbol, instead use 'at', otherwise the address will be erased automatically.
Please 'rate/nominate' my answer/me (see the PS below).

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).