Dodge Repair/electrical problem 2006 dodge caravan 3.3L

I own a 2006 Dodge Caravan, 3.3 liter (Canadian). I went to start the car after it was parked for 11 days at very cold temperatures (aver of Ė 15 Celsius) and the remote door opener would not work. I opened the door using the key in the drivers door lock. When I opened the door the interior lights did not come on. I started the car on the first try and noticed the speedometer, temp and fuel gauge needle indicators all moved clockwise and stayed hard right for approx 5 secs and then returned to normal settings. Then all of the indicator lights on the gauge cluster lit up.          (Check oil, engine light, seat belt unfastened, door ajar, etc.) While the car was running I tried to activate the door locks using the control on the driverís door and they worked fine except the driverís manual sliding door. The actuator stopped working 6 mos ago. All the accessories work when the engine is running. If I turn the ignition switch to the acc or standby position none of the accessories work Eg front wipers, interior dome light, door locks, and radio. When I get to over approx 15 MPH the doors automatically lock which is normal.  The radio clock display was reset to 1200 when I started the car after it had been parked for 11 days and has now stopped displaying any time. The radio also will not work. When I turn off the car the heater blower continues to operate for about 5 secs and then stops.  I have replaced the battery and the acc panel relay. I have also tried removing the IOD fuse but no success.  The van still starts fine and no problems while the car is running. Any suggestions?

Hi Charles,
I found your question in the 'pool' to which it had been referred by Kevin.
It is not exactly clear which of all these items are still current issues and with what priority you feel they need to be addressed. I would suggest that you carefully look over fuse #5 (20 amp) for a subtle crack in its wire which is the one that is powered by the output of the accessory relay. Do also check fuse 14 which is the IOD fuse to be sure it doesn't have a subtle crack in its internal wire that open and closes on it own. The radio amplifier needs to have fuse 20 working if you have the radio system with a separate amp. I don't believe the front wipers, the interior dome light, the door locks are powered up via the accessory relay in any case; it does power the radio, windows, rear power outlet, rear wiper only, and sunroof.
If you want to focus in on one or two issues please feel free to do so.
Please 'rate' my answer (see the PS belo).

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).