Dodge Repair/'03 Caravan 3.8L: main bearing cap/connecting rod bolt torques

Question
I need to know the torque specs. and sequence for the main cap bolts, including the four that go through the side of the block and i also need the torque specs. for the rod bolts.

Answer
Hi Kevin,
The crankshaft main cap bolts should be inspected for stretched threads and also for straight alignment.
The torque is 30 foot-pounds plus 1/4 turn.
The crankshaft cross block bolts and washers should be replaced with new ones for the 3.8L engine. Then torque them to 45 foot-pounds.
The connecting rod bolts should also be checked for stretching and alignment. Tighten the nuts to 40 foot-pounds plus 1/4 turn.
Do you have the shop manual or equivalent, because there are many details that go along with the procedure? If not, I can copy the pages about this part of the job from a CD and attach them to an email I would send to you directly. But I need to know your email address which you can tell me in a follow-up question. But don't use the @ symbol, instead use "at", otherwise the address is automatically erased.
I am away all day today but can send these pages to you this evening if you can wait that long.
Pleaser 'rate/nominate' my answer/me (see the PS below).
Thanks,
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston