Dodge Repair/1996 dodge gr cvn: dies when put in gear

Question
How do I teach the system that it has new/used modules and transmission and wiring harness?
 starts clean  & shuts down as soon as I put it in gear.

1996 Dodge grand caravan automatic w/overdrive.

Thank You
        Pat Egan

Answer
Hi Pat,
I need to know what new/used modules were installed; I don't believe that new wiring harnesses would cause any change in the digital communication systems to be done.
Have you tried for fault codes using the ignition key: "on-off-on-off-on and leave on" doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time? Then watch the check engine light, which remains 'on', to see it begin to flash, pause, flash, etc. Count the number of flashes before each pause. Then repeat the process to be sure of an accurate set of flash counts. Then tell the counts in order of appearance.
I would wonder if the engine does start and run well and only when you put it in gear does it stop whether the torque converter lock up break-in may not be adjusted so that the clutch is fully 'on' when you shift into gear, which is like starting an engine with a manual transmiss ion in gear with the clutch pedal 'up'. The manual says that needs to be done if a new converter is installed. However, it also says that if a new trans module is installed only then the break-in procedure is OK regardless of the situation about the existing torque converter clutch. Is this the 4 speed electronic transaxle that you have, or the 3 speed non-electronic transaxle. What is the history of the problem that led to the wiring harness replacements and what were the specific harnesses that were replaced?
So let me know what is new/used and what the flash counts were.
Please 'rate/nominate' my answer/me (see the PS below).
Thanks,
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston