Dodge Repair/'99 Dodge Durango: exterior lighting doesn't work

Question
Hello, I'm having a problem with my tail lights. The hazzard lights were working but now they are not. The break lights and turn signals do not come on and I'm at a loss of what to do. Have replaced tail light covers, sockets and bulbs and they still DO NOT WORK! NEED HELP! PLEASE, if you could send some knowledge my way I could really use it.

Answer
Hi Melissa,
Unfortunately I don't have a manual that shows the wiring diagrams for the '99 Durango.
I believe it is most likely that a fuse is blown which powers all the non-working lights. Most likely it is in the fuse box under the dash so look closely at each fuse there to see if one or more of them have a burned out wire inside the fuse. Replace any that are blown. If none are blown there, then check the power distribution box in the engine compartment for blown fuses there.
If it blows again then it is likely that one of the bulbs has a short circuit in it. Notice whether it is when you step on the brake, turn the left, or turn right that causes the fuse to blow. Which ever it is, check the bulbs that go 'on' for that specific choice.
Please 'rate/nominate' my answer/me (See the PS below).
Thanks,
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston