Dodge Repair/'99 Intrepid 3.2L: no start

Question
So I just changed my fuel pump in my 1999 dodge intrepid es 3.2 cuz the mechanic said it was bad. After doing so the car started right up with barely any hesitation. The next day I went to start it and it would crank good but didnt start. I sprayed some carb cleaner in the throttle body and it started up and ran for a couple secs. So I tried checking fuel pressure but I cant get a pressure gague on the little nozzle because the fuel rail is crammed in there. It does squirt fuel out but I dont know exact pressure. So it seems to be gettin fuel and spark but only starts with starting fluid. What should I check?

Answer
Hi Tim,
This may have nothing to do with the fuel pump. Do you hear it run for about a second when you turn the key to the 'run' position? If so, then it is working.
Try the ignition key to get the fault code that may be stored in the engine control module: turn it "on-off-on-off-on and leave on" doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time. Then watch the odometer window to see if the mileage reading is replaced by any 4-digit numbers preceded by a P. Let me know and we'll go from there.
Sorry for the delay but I just found your question in the "pool" to which it had been sent by Kevin.
Please 'rate/nominate' my answer/me (see the PS below).
Thanks,
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston