Dodge Repair/'05 Durango: CD player, key fob remote

Hello, I have a 2005 Dodge Durango and a few days ago my battery died. Well I put a new one in and now that I've put the new one in. My CD won't work, but my radio does just fine. And also my buttons on my car key won't work. I took it back to the dealership where I got it and they said that they didn't know what to do for it so I was hoping I could find some luck on here! Thanks!

Hi Karen,
Given that history my suggestion would be to check fuse #11 for the CD, and #14 and #18 for the remote key fob, all those fuses in the box under the dash. Thanks so much for the rating and the nomination. You are entitled to do that again if you would be so kind.
PS Have you considered changing the battery on the remote key fob?

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).