Dodge Repair/2001 RAM sunglass holder repair

Question
Looking for a way to remove the sunglass holder door on the overhead center console on 2001 RAM to allow replacement door to be installed. Hopefully without removing the entire center console which is the only information I have been able to find thus far (although this was on 1999 model). Thank you.

Answer
Hi Ron,
In the '04 manual (the closest I have for the '01 model) the only instruction for the overhead console is how to remove it. There are screws that are accessed thru the sunglass compartment, then using the finger tips grasp the sides of the console and pull straight down to disengage the clips at the front/rear of the unit, then lower it enough to disconnect the plugs. Nothing is stated about the door so you will have to inspect it to determine how to change that out.
Please 'rate/nominate' my answer/me (see the PS below).
Thanks,
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston