Dodge Repair/2001 RAM sunglass holder repair

Looking for a way to remove the sunglass holder door on the overhead center console on 2001 RAM to allow replacement door to be installed. Hopefully without removing the entire center console which is the only information I have been able to find thus far (although this was on 1999 model). Thank you.

Hi Ron,
In the '04 manual (the closest I have for the '01 model) the only instruction for the overhead console is how to remove it. There are screws that are accessed thru the sunglass compartment, then using the finger tips grasp the sides of the console and pull straight down to disengage the clips at the front/rear of the unit, then lower it enough to disconnect the plugs. Nothing is stated about the door so you will have to inspect it to determine how to change that out.
Please 'rate/nominate' my answer/me (see the PS below).

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).