Dodge Repair/89 Dodge ram 100 makes noise when trun the key

Question
when I turn the key on without trying to even start  the truck it make,s a clicking noise under the hood on the left fender and then when I try to start it make nothing but a clicking noise down at the starter also what is the probelm here thank you, Bert

Answer
Hi Bert,
Clicking sounds, if coming from relays and solenoid switches, usually mean the battery voltage is too low to properly power up the device. So check out the condition/age (in comparison to the warranty life) of the battery and also verify that the clamps are tight and - post clamp wire is firmly grounded to the chassis and the engine block. If you have a voltmeter measure what the voltage reading is and let me know.
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston