Dodge Repair/'99 Dodge RAM 1500: codes 0132, 0505, 0720

Question
P0505 Air Control Motor Circuit.
P0132 Oxygen Sensor short to voltage bank 1 sensor 1.
P0505 Output speed sensor circuit

The above are the error codes given to me by my car tech and he told me to buy those parts. Would you please help to identify correctly the needed part names?

Answer
Hi Tony,
The 0505 would be the idle air control motor, located on the throttle body. It is simply a pintel which moves back and forth in response to the amount of air needed to produce the proper mixture at engine idle rpm. It is electrical and has a 4-wire plug and is easily removed from the throttle body where it is held in place by screws.
The 0132 is the heated oxygen sensor that is mounted on the exhaust manifold and looks like a spark plug. It has fragile wires and probably the signal wire is touching the 5 volt wire that is needed to operate the device. It is mounted on the right side exhaust manifold if you have a V-engine and be careful to not damage the wires. It mounts like a spark plug, except that there are wires attached to it so you have to be careful.
The output speed sensor (actually is code 0720) and this is located at the very rear of the powertrain on the left side of the transmission. Check that ita wiring harness has not been damaged and if it appears OK then buy a replacement output speed sensor. It unscrews from the transmission.
So an idle air control "motor", a heated oxygen sensor, and an output speed sensor are the parts you need.
Please 'rate' this answer and consider giving me a 'nomination' to be volunteer of the month (see the PS below).
Thanks
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston