Dodge Repair/crankshaft position sensor: 2.4L DOHC

Are there 2 of these on a 2005 dodge stratus  2.4 dohc engine. Where are they located?

Thank you.

Hi Bill,
There are 2 engine rotational sensors: one for the crankshaft and one for the camshaft. The crankshaft position sensor is at the front of the engine, just below the starter motor. The camshaft position sensor is on the rear of the engine, located in the cylinder head proper just below and to the left of the positive crankcase valve. Both sensors have a three wire connector: an orange wire, and a black/light blue wire, and the cam sensor has a tan/yellow while the crank sensor has a gray/black for its third wire.
Let me know if you need more information about these two sensors.
Please 'rate/nominate' this answer/me (see the PS below).

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).