Dodge Repair/'02 Neon cuts off when driving

Question
2002 dodge neon 4 door 2.5l  will suddenly stop while driving  like all the gas has gone  it has a full tank each time

Answer
Hi Minley,
There are many electrical parts in the operation of the engine that can go bad as they heat up, and then when the engine cools down the engine will run again. It is unlikely related to the fuel pump or the tank.
The quickest way to find out what might be wrong is to get a readout of the memory of the engine controller which operates all the electronics and which has a self-diagnostic capability built into it. When in sees a malfunction it gives it a specific fault code number and stores that number in its memory. There is a socket underneath the dash by the steering column into which a fault code reader is plugged and that then accesses the memory to find out what the fault code number(s) are stored therein.
A nationwide auto parts store, such as Autozone, will often do a readout for free. An independent repair shop will do the readout for around $40, and a dealer may charge $80. So try for the most economical/convenient readout option, ask what are the code numbers, what they mean, and what they recommend to do. Then send me a follow-up question and we'll compare notes and discuss whether this repair is something you can do yourself if you care to.
By the way is your engine a 2.5L or a 2.4L as I don't recall a 2.5 being used in a Neon?
Please read the PS below.
Thanks,
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston