Dodge Repair/anti-lock brake bleeding: '01 Ram or Durango

Hi Roland, I trust you received my message that I was able to print the diagrams,thanks.....Another question: When pedal or vacuum bleeding the r.w.a.l. brakes is necessary to cycle the h.c.u. and also is it necessry to hold in the combination valve pin. Would it do any harm to cycle the running the rearwheels off the ground and pressing the brakes.Appreciate your expertise. Thank you.   frankie don.

Hi Frankie Don,
The bleeding of the brake system with abs is complicated but unfortunately the manual doesn't give the details because the complicating procedure for the HCU and solenoids is only listed as involving the use of the Chrysler Diagnostic Readout Box as the device to tell you what to do. I am limited in having only the manuals starting in '04 so I can't be sure it would be the same in the manual for an '01. But all that '04 manual says is that you due a standard brake bleed procedure, then to a procedure which involves use of the DRB, and then do another standard brake bleed procedure. If you have been unable to get a firm pedal then you may have to find someone with the scan tool to lend you or have a brake shop do it.
Thanks for the rating/nomination.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).