Dodge Repair/auto door locka: '05 Ram

Where might I find the auto door lock relay switches.  My locks will not work with my remote or the buttons in the truck.  I have a 2005 Dodge ram 1 ton Dooley.  5.9 Cummins.  and the door locks don't want to work.  can you please help.  Thanks Margie

Hi Margie,
There is no relay involved in the door lock circuit, only a fuse. Check fuse #28 (10 amp) in the power box as that is the source of all power for the door lock system, according to the '04 manual, or fuse #29 according to the '06 manual (I don't happen to have the '05 manual but it should be one or the other).
Please read the PS below.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).