Dodge Repair/bendix rear parking brake: dodge ram

Question
HI Roland,On the dodge ram 2001 5.2L rear bendix 12 inch brakes: The right side rear wheel brake never holds as good as the left whether it's the foot pedal or the E-brake.What I would like to know specifically is this: When the emergency brake is applied should both of the shoes operate to hold the hub or only one? I find that only the forward shoe is expanding on both of the wheels.Sometimes it's difficult to come by information like this unless the operation is explained. Thank you for your expertise.  And Im still interested in your diagnosis of the front calipers if you have any more ideas on that. Thamks again,  frankie don.

Answer
Hi Frankie,
I would believe that both shoes should be involved in the parking brake actuation so it may be an issue with them being out of adjustment. I have the '04 manual which has about 5 pages about the parking brake system including adjusting the various parts of it. If you haven't adjusted them them that would be worth doing, along with checking the other parts of the system. Let me know if you want those pages.
I don't have further ideas on the front calipers.
Please 'rate'/'nominate' as you have so kindly done previously.
Toland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston