Dodge Repair/A/C mode door position selector: '99 Cirrus

Question
Kevin,

A few years ago you answered the following question about a 97 Stratus:

My 1997 Dodge Stratus mode selector stop working.  The selector works only on defrost no matter which mode I select.  The defrost always work when the heat or AC is on.  Any ideas?  Thank you!  Shanon Gregory

I now have the same problem on a 99 Cirrus and have gone through the suggestions you gave with no improvement. Replaced the actuator, tried pulling the M-1 fuse to reset, even found a replacement control module at a salvage yard. And still, every time, the actuator motor will go through the reset gyrations, spinning for about 15 sec., then nothing.....no further reaction to the position selector. At my wit's end...

Thanks,
-Todd

Answer
Hi Todd,
Have you watched the action of the mode door actuator when you request change in the distribution? That should be moving two levers, one for the floor door and the other for the panel door. These are mounted on the outside of the unit and should be visible next to the mode door actuator. Either there is a problem with the levers or the doors inside the unit are bound up/disconnected which would require removal of the HVAC unit to repair. So take a look and see the 'action' of the mode actuator if any.
Sorry for the delay in responding but I just found your question in the "pool" to which Kevin referred it.
Please read the PS below.
Thanks,
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston