Dodge Repair/dodge grand caravan: code 24

Question
i have a dodge grand caravan that runs really rough but drives and wont idle it shows po codes 12,24,55 and i think it has been overheated once i was wondering if u could help me in any way with this problem to fix it.
         thanx

Answer
Hi Bob,
The 12 code just means that sometime recently (within 50-100 key starts) the battery was disconnected, and the 55 code means end of code readout and corroborates that the readout occurred. The 24 code says that the throttle position sensor output signal is outside of the range of possible values (either open or shorted). So take a look at the sensor wiring which starts as a plug on the side of the throttle body (4 wires) at the exact position of the axis of the throttle plate and that harness goes to the powertrain control module. See whether any of the wires along the way may have melted or damaged insulation. If you would like to test the wires for continuity or shorting to ground or one another let me know the year model and the engine (L) you have. If that all checks out then the sensor can be tested for possible replacement.
Please read the PS below.
Thanks,
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston