Dodge Repair/2009 ram door latch replacement

QUESTION: How do you replace the door latch in a 2009 ram 1500, it seems to be attached to the plastic and I can't seem to get it loose after unhooking all of the rods and taking the screws out nor can I get the inner door panel off without the feeling that I am going to break something

ANSWER: Hi Chris,
I have the '06 manual on a CD and can copy a couple of pages that show how to remove the trim panel and then the pages that show the removal of the latch. I need to know your email address so tell me that via a follow-up question. But don't use the @ symbol, rather use 'at'. or the address will be automatically erased.
Sorry for the delay in responding but I just found your question in the 'pool' to which it had been referred by Kevin.
Please read the PS below.

My email address is, and will the info for the 2009 be on the 06 manual?

Hi Chris,
I believe the door latch mechanism in your '09 would be similar if not identical to the '06 manual information. So take a look and see if it seems to be the same. I will copy the pages and send them shortly to you. If you would take a moment to rate me and also give a 'yes' for the question about a nomination of me to be 'volunteer of the month' I would be most appreciative. I am Roland, the other Dodge expert.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).