Dodge Repair/Blend Door Repair: '07 LX body Charger

My A/C only blows hot air. I've had it check by a professional technician and was told my actuator needs replaced. I have a 2007 Dodge Charger 2.7 engine. I've already purchased the parts. How do I replace the actuators? Please let me know. Thank you very much.

Hi L'Tonya,
The blend door actuator is what varies the mix of hot and cold air. It is located on the driver's end of the HVAC box under the dash, on the left end panel.
To access the actuator you first remove the under-dash silencer panel on the driver side so as to get access to view and work on the HVAC box. If you look under you will see that panel just above the pedals and it is held in place by two 'push pins' which once released allow you to pull that panel rearward so that it disconnects the front edge of the panel from a couple of brackets near the firewall.
Then look at the box to see whether you can spot 2 actuator like the one you bought. Note that there are two different actuators that look similar, this blend door is the higher up one of the two. Its electrical plug will have dark blue/white and white/dark blue wires for identification that it is the blend door actuator. Remove 4 screws and pull it out noting the position of the hole into which the actual drive gear interacts with the socket on the door itself which is hidden inside the box. Remove the electrical connector from the actuator. Insert the new actuator so that the gear and the socket mesh together, then position the actuator to receive the 4 screws and secure it in place. Put the electrical plug back on the new actuator. Install the silencer panel and that will do the job.
Let me know if you have any further questions or need a figure that shows the end of the box which I can send to you attached to an email. But I need to know your email address, but don't use the @ symbol, instead use 'at' or the address will be automatically erased.
Please read and respond to the PS below.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).