Dodge Repair/'06 dodge magnum rt: code 0158

I got code p-0158 on my 2006 Dodge Magnum rt and cant figure out which sensor the code is referring to.

Hi Ross,
The 0158 code is for the downstream oxygen sensor on the left side of the engine's exhaust pathway, where by downstream I mean near the catalytic converter. So raise the vehicle and look for such a sensor in the exhaust pipe and check its wires (there are 4 which are fragile so that you may find that the signal wire is touching the 5 volt power wire, or the wiring harness to the plug on the sensor may be damaged such as to produce such a short).
Please read the PS below and respond.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).