Dodge Repair/'11 Charger: ABS/traction/brake warning lights

I have a 2011 charger.  The ABS, traction control, and brake lights will come on frequently which shuts off the cruise control if I am using is.  These lights will also come on when I'm starting the car.  I'll push the start button but it doesn't turn on, when I press it again and it finally turns on, those 3 lights will come on no matter what.  Sometimes they go off within a short period of time, sometimes they stay on for quite awhile.  Is the starting issue and the cruise not working when these lights come on, all one problem or separate?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you!

Hi Melissa,
I don't have so new a manual as for 2011. But I would begin by checking the brake fluid level in the master brake reservoir located in the engine compartment, just in front of where the driver sits. It has two caps and some sort of a level indication on the translucent side of the reservoir.
In my experience I doubt this has anything to do with the starter system. I haven't seen a tie in with the cruise control either but it may be that was programmed into the engine controller in more recent times than my manuals cover.
One thing to also do is a fault code readout. Try turning the ignition switch: " on-off-on-off-on and leave on" doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time. Then watch the odometer window in the instrument cluster to see if the mileage reading is replaced by any 4-digie number preceded by P. Let me what they are if any.
But do check the brake fluid reservoirs to be sure you aren't simply low on brake fluid.
Please read the PS below and respond.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).