Dodge Repair/2003 dodge stratus airbag

Question
QUESTION: if the airbag has been deployed on the passenger dash do I need to replace sensor before installing air bag

ANSWER: Hi Steve,
If the history involved a collision then the sensor should be inspected for signs of damage. Also you could do a fault code readout with diagnostic readout box to see if there appears to be any problem with the sensor/airbag system. Certainly if the bag deployed falsely, that would suggest an issue with the sensor. The manual also suggests that the instrument panel and pad be replaced when the air bag has been deployed, which sounds like a signigicant job. I can copy pages from the '04 manual that show how to do that if you would like them..
Please read the PS below and respond.
Thanks,
Roland

QUESTION: deployment was caused by running over parking bunker no body damage only impact and damage to wheels

Answer
Hi Steve,
Then the sensor was likely not damaged. I don't know what to say about the manual calling for replacement of the instrument panel...it seems extreme unless when you take out the air bag you find that it is damaged. Let me know if you want to get into that or just want the pages about replacing the airbag itself.
Please rate/nominate for this answer.
Thanks,
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston